TVH Patient Participation Group
This Group belongs to you and it needs your active support
Can you help?
Every GP practice in the country has a Patient Participation Group (PPG) whose broad aims are to:
- be a two-way communication bridge between patients and the health professionals in the Practice.
- act as a “sounding board” for the Practice by giving comment on any proposed innovations and making suggestions for improvement.
- provide feedback to the Practice.
The TVH PPG has a small committee of both patients and Practice staff. It has been working on the following areas in the past year:
- assisting the Practice to adjust its telephone-answering message for appointments to help Receptionists guide patients to the most appropriate service. The benefits should include shorter times to appointments for patients and better use of scarce TVH resources.
- assisting in the design of the Practice information display on the waiting room TV monitors so as to clarify which staff provide which services.
- monitoring and publicising the ‘Did Not Attend’ statistics to show time lost to the Practice that could have been used for other patients.
- establishing the Tamar Area Prostate Support (TAPS) group that aims to support patients in their journey through prostate cancer.
Your PPG now needs some additional committee members, preferably to provide a more balanced profile of the Practice population. It particularly needs people who are prepared to actively develop the role of the PPG, for example by leading small projects. There is also a need for a Secretary and Treasurer. The PPG meets bi-monthly on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 6.30 in Callington Health Centre (eg 13 Feb, 10 Apr, 12 Jun 2019).
Any patient in the Practice is also very welcome to come along and give their views at these meetings. That would make the Patients’ voice real!
If you would like to find out more, please contact either
Chris Greensted, Acting Chair PPG on 01822 834797 or at firstname.lastname@example.org